The Civil Engineer is the main vocal point for the tendering and project teams, client(s) and the DISA organization regarding engineering aspects of the project(s).
As Civil Engineer you will be assigned the business lines; civil construction, offshore renewables. wreck removal or Offshore Oil & Gas.
Reports to: Project Manager
TAKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates, directs, reviews, controls and files all the applicable naval engineering information;
- Assist on all aspects during tendering phase.
- Make the necessary and relevant drawings/ plans/calculations using various software packages like: AutoCAD,…
- Make the strength verification calculations of the required material / equipment
- When needed, attending project location to provide on-site engineering support
- Performing workability assessments based on environmental data, vessel capabilities and installation limitations;
- Preparation and review of civil and marine engineering reports, procedures;
- Contribute to a continuous improving and learning organization by actively sharing knowledge, experiences and engineering tools.
- Analysing the motion behaviour of vessels in waves, wind and current;
- Performing hydrodynamic analyses of our operations.
- Keeps informed of all relevant technical, naval engineering, regulatory and naval engineering developments;
- Financial authority according to company authorisation matrix
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS / COMPETENCIES
- A Master degree in Civil (or Marine) Engineering, Marine Technology, Offshore Technology, Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, development of procedures and plans, utilisation of equipment to the design and production of goods and services
- Evidence of experience (minimum of five years) in a similar role, ideally in any/some of the following sectors: civil construction, offshore renewables, and offshore oil and gas
- Advanced knowledge and experience in CAD drafting, MS office applications, relevant naval architectural design and calculation programs
- Self-tasking and an ability to work with minimal supervision
- Highly organized, excellent problem solver, strong attention for detail and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Good communication skills and analytical/ problem solving capabilities, flexible and representative
- Strong language skills (verbal & written)in English, Dutch and preferably German
- Effective decision making skills
- Driving license B, AM
- Diploma’s BOSIET & GWO
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work on project (inshore and Offshore) sites in the Netherlands and abroad, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
Interested and available shortly?
Please send your resume and short motivation to Ms. Marjolein Ravesloot – email@example.com.
Acquisition related to this vacancy will not be appreciated.